ANU Enterprise Staff would like their Christmas Back
NTEU members at ANU Enterprise are seeking the reversal of a decision by the ANU Enterprise Board to remove the longstanding practice of their Christmas Close Down.
Members voted unamiously to endorse the following strategy to seek the urgent reversal of this decision:
- If there has been no response to the letter to the Chairman, Bruce Glanville, that the NTEU contacts him tomorrow morning (Tuesday 6th December 2011) to seek one.
- If there is still no positive response that:
- The NTEU will formally lodge a notice of dispute with ANU Enterprise,
- That an online email campaign be initiated through the NTEU website, and
- A press release is sent advising of the campaign.
Additionally, in light of the lack of trust and goodwill caused by the ANU Enterprise Board removing the Christmas close down period, the meeting requested that the staff Enterprise Bargaining team conduct a comprehensive review of the Draft Enterprise Agreement to tighten any ambiguous clauses, and to consider the inclusion of clauses on the Christmas close down, paid parking and other staff entitlements that are currently provided through Company Policies.